Tuesday, September 17, 2002

Today was one of those "earthy" days for this household of 8... the well pump blew just as Hubby was stepping into the shower. Well, I was rather taken aback by his lack of self control at the time, but I must say now that I really don't blame him. God bless 'im -- I told him today that I love him in spite of these times.He returned, "I love you because of these times." Which is the greater love?
Now there's a puzzle.
The beauty of it all is that I was ready to climb Mount Neverest (the laundry pile) and got a hall pass instead. It could have been a frustrating day, but instead, it was a pleasant turn of events -- we spent the afternoon on the front step sucking on popsicles, watching the well man as he pulled four hundred feet of pipe, and generally forgetting that our plans had been upset.
It's good to have your plans upset occasionally. A curve ball will sharpen your ability to hit straight for Heaven, to remember who is ultimately in charge, and to slow down and spend a few hours watching the children grow.
Yes, I can see why we love because of these times, can't you?